Hi from PA

Thank you, youall are just so nice, thank you. I probably will be asking question after question on here, so I will just apologize now for being a nuisance.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

It's a privilege to be here. This forum has helped me so much over the past 6 months. I got back in to chickens only recently, and there's a lot I just don't know, because my last experience with chickens was when I was a kid.

frow.gif
Hi and welcome to Backyard chickens - so glad you joined the flock. I think inall cases the buyer must beware. Right now ayam cemanis are THE BREED accordingly everyone and his brother is offering ac's or facsimiles of them - trying to make their fortune. Just like when a dog breed is No.1 - the puppy mills etc. are full of them even tho they look nothing like the true breed. I hope you can find good breeders with proper type ac's. Good luck.

Thank you for the warm welcomes. Youall are the best.
Yeah, tell me about it. The 2 of the 3 birds that I feel are crosses are a month old are very black, but the third bird from the same batch of eggs doesn't seem to have a second copy of the fibro gene or something; has a normally colored comb and feet, as well as white under its neck and on its secondary wing feathers. And, its toes are curled. Ugh. I have replaced them with pure Ayam Cemani, but I can't keep these birds that I feel are crosses due to space.

Back
Top Bottom