Hi from Pataskala, OH

bochephus'-mama

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 21, 2010
West Liberty, OH
Hi ya'll! I've been on this website numerous times and love it. Decided I should probably introduce myself
smile.png
I've always wanted chickens and decided to break down and by some from a swappers day meet about 2 years ago. I bought 6 chicks. Unfortunately 1 died, 2 got ate by something
sad.png
I took the one chicken getting ate really hard. Her name was Bochephus and she followed me everywhere and even knew her name. I also got 2 roosters which we had to put down b/c they were attacking. We have one left from the 6 and her name is Huck. I then bought 2 chicks from the Amish country area in Ohio which one of them is a Rooster named Red and the other is a chicken named Kahlua. I recently about 2 months ago bought 6 chicks from TSC and one died and the others are perfectly well. There names are Patsy, Loretta, Tweety, pepper, & YoYo! Which I'm hoping we have NO roosters this time. We recently expanded our chicken coop. My dad did a fabulous job.

I do have a problem. My chicks about 3 weeks ago started getting yellow/orangish diarrhea. I gave them deramycin in their water, fed them grapes, & oatmeal. They still have it. I’m really concerned. They are all getting big and seem to be fine except for the diarrhea and I’ve never had that problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks for such an awesome sight
smile.png
I have learned so much and appreciate all the helpful posts. Hope you guy enjoy the pictures.

Chrissy

55050_coop2.jpg

55050_coop3.jpg

55050_chicks_427.jpg

55050_chicks_42710.jpg

Gorgeous chickens and nice coop! I don't have an answer for you regarding their continuing symptoms. Maybe someone else will.

Welcome to BYC from Cape Cod.

Back
Top Bottom