Hi from Portland Oregon

Love the name!
95611_welcome_hen_2.jpg

Hey Cluck! I'm a BYC newbie (a few weeks old) and from Portland! Okay okay Clackamas. But I only moved out here for love. Prior to that I lived in Irvington for over 10 years. Whereabouts are you? I have some friend in NE off of Prescott who have a small flock and have had great luck with them.

our neighbor sold us 5 hens and a roo (4 white leghorn hens, one white Auracana hen and the WL roo), and we then adopted 3 Black Australorps from Zenger Farm out on Foster road. I volunteer there taking care of their large flock that rotates through the CSA Farm fields at they are harvested. We lost one of the Australorps within a couple weeks - turned out she was severely egg bound when we got her only I didn't know what to look for. The Avian Vet in Lake Oswego was very helpful, if expensive, but I view it as a learning experience.

So nice to see someone local! So far I lurk more than I post because there is SO much useful info on this site. I hope to run into you in other threads!!

Heather,

Moving for love would be the very best reason.
love.gif

Yes, wonderful to find someone that understands the area. I'm in the Clinton / Ladds Addition / OMSI area. So you see how doing all this on the bus and with my bike / wagon can work fine. I've got Concentrates in walking distance for feed and wood chips, and from neighbors recommendations it seems the guy that works on Sundays at Urban Farms will be the one to get chickens from. Sold through the store, but he is the grower and sounds like the dude to meet.

Bet I'm the first here taking chickens on a bus ride. Me.. a trail blazer. LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom