Hi from Portland Oregon!

pygmymetal

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 20, 2014
Hi, my name is Marianne and I'm from Portland, Oregon!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes, very new to chickens! We took in 3 chickens and 3 quail from a friend who is moving from a house to a condo.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
3!

(3) What breeds do you have?
One Plymouth Rock, one Orpington, and one Silkie

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Google!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, reading, knitting, and gaming!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm married to Brian, a lovely scotsman, and have a 23 year old daughter who is studying to be a science teacher. We have 4 corgis (3 Cardis, 1 Pem), 2 English Cocker Spanials, 6 cats and 2 rats!\

Looking forward to learning more here!

Marianne

Welcome to BYC - nice to see another dog lover. I used to raise and show American Cocker Spaniels. Haven't seen any Cardigans outside of a show ring. I notice several Pems. around the area though mostly reds but one tri color. Very nice dogs.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!

Welcome to BYC, Marianne. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a very good and thorough introduction. I had all three of your breeds at one time or another and you have some very friendly and docile breeds. I still have some Orpingtons in my flock, and my granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) has made lap pets of them. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom