Hi from Scottish Highlands!

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Your chickens are lucky to have found such a good owner second time round
thumbsup.gif

[welcome to BYC from Maine, It sounds like you've given this new chicken owning venture much thought and consideration; your flock will be the happier and healthier for it. You've joined a wonderful forum with many "old timers" (not me, I'm still very wet behind the ears!) and poultry enthusiasts who are very willing to impart their knowledge and wisdom about responsible chicken ownership. Welcome again :D

Thanks you everyone! Appreciate your feedback.
Yeah, I spent until 3 am reading stuff on this forum its so very informative. I am very fond of my chickens but I am not naming them, to me they are just chickens. They are having a very good life to the one they had before, even the one that had the dirty bottom has improved overnight and she now has some fluff growing around there. Its very therapeutic to watch them regain health and to appear happy and well again after such a short time. Just goes to show what good management can do. I also have 2 lovely horses a Clydie mare, who came to us a bit run down and wormy and my ID/Cob sports horse Appaloosa who I ride Western. I hope to have goats in the future fas well for home made Goats cheese. We are into self sufficiency, but I am also lactose intolerant. We plan to get a poly tunnel too to grow some of the more exotic vegetables I miss from down south as well, I am a Londoner!

Back
Top Bottom