Hi From Sonoma County

Hi - I've been a member of BYC for some years but I don't think I've ever introduced myself. I've loved being able to find solutions to most of my chicken questions & problems on this forum but now I'd like to join a forum/thread/group (not sure what to call it?) where I can connect with chicken people in my area.

I live in Sebastopol, Sonoma County in northern California and I got my first chicken when I retired and moved here in 2014. I now have around 65 of different breeds but with emphasis on Marans and Easter Eggers. What I most enjoy is having a colorful variety of eggs! In trying to produce more hens that lay a stiped egg (see egg in center of basket, near bottom) I've ended up with extra roosters and want to connect with other chicken owners in the area who might give some of my young roos a good home. And no, I haven't so far hatched any chicks that lay the striped egg and don't have much hope I will, but I haven't given up yet.

So, are there groups in this forum for specific areas? If not, could we start one? How do I go about it? There used to be a chat group called CaliforniaWineCountryChickenChat but I can't seem to get on it anymore.

Would love to hear from some of you on how to go about this!
Thanks, Sebastopol Sue
Welcome to BYC!

Hi - I've been a member of BYC for some years but I don't think I've ever introduced myself. I've loved being able to find solutions to most of my chicken questions & problems on this forum but now I'd like to join a forum/thread/group (not sure what to call it?) where I can connect with chicken people in my area.

I live in Sebastopol, Sonoma County in northern California and I got my first chicken when I retired and moved here in 2014. I now have around 65 of different breeds but with emphasis on Marans and Easter Eggers. What I most enjoy is having a colorful variety of eggs! In trying to produce more hens that lay a stiped egg (see egg in center of basket, near bottom) I've ended up with extra roosters and want to connect with other chicken owners in the area who might give some of my young roos a good home. And no, I haven't so far hatched any chicks that lay the striped egg and don't have much hope I will, but I haven't given up yet.

So, are there groups in this forum for specific areas? If not, could we start one? How do I go about it? There used to be a chat group called CaliforniaWineCountryChickenChat but I can't seem to get on it anymore.

Would love to hear from some of you on how to go about this!
Thanks, Sebastopol Sue
We lived in Sebastopol 7 years ago but had to relocate due to our brother's cancer.
Has it been damaged by the fires?

Back
Top Bottom