Hi from SW Virginia!

AudreyFromVa

In the Brooder
Oct 26, 2020
Hi Everyone! Not new to chickens, but am relatively new to Silkies. We have a farm in the mountains of Virginia where we raise Black Copper Marans, Orpingtons, and now Silkies. Also have alpacas, some dairy cows, 2 mini donkeys, 4 cats, and 3 livestock guardians. Started out with 4 chickens and one coop about 15 years ago. According to what I tell my husband (using chicken math,) we now have around 30 in 3 outdoor coops, 7 indoor coops, and a small horse barn converted into a chicken nursary. lol I've included a few pictures of our farm and animals just for fun. Look forward to learning new things, and hopefully help others. :D

Attachments

• alpacaGirls.jpg
    alpacaGirls.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 10
  • BCMgirlAtWindow.PNG
    BCMgirlAtWindow.PNG
    302.2 KB · Views: 7
  • BlackSilkies.PNG
    BlackSilkies.PNG
    360.5 KB · Views: 6
  • BCMboys.png
    BCMboys.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 7
  • KaylaCheta.JPG
    KaylaCheta.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 11
  • BCMeggs.jpg
    BCMeggs.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 11
  • chicks.jpg
    chicks.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 11
Hi Everyone! Not new to chickens, but am relatively new to Silkies. We have a farm in the mountains of Virginia where we raise Black Copper Marans, Orpingtons, and now Silkies. Also have alpacas, some dairy cows, 2 mini donkeys, 4 cats, and 3 livestock guardians. Started out with 4 chickens and one coop about 15 years ago. According to what I tell my husband (using chicken math,) we now have around 30 in 3 outdoor coops, 7 indoor coops, and a small horse barn converted into a chicken nursary. lol I've included a few pictures of our farm and animals just for fun. Look forward to learning new things, and hopefully help others. :D
:welcome :welcome :welcome

Back
Top Bottom