hi from sweden

boqvist

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 16, 2014
here a family from sweden with questions about hatching eggs....A breeder in the u.s advised me to ask here.

We had being started here at home with brahma isabelle and laced brahma in different colours. Unfourtunatly a predador from the forrest ( proppibly fox ), killed those few animals we had.

Now we are on the hunt for new hatching eggs from those colours, but here in sweden is it impossible. After searching on the internet for a while, it shows that there are a lot of breeders in the u.s with these colours. I have Contact and ask some, but they didn't send outside the u.s, but named that there are breeders who do this.

We have bought hatching eggs from other breeders in foreign countrys with very good result, so that should not be a problem.

Hope for an awnser!

family boqvist

images
\

Welcome to BYC! This is the place for all those who enjoy poultry! However I do not know of anyone that ships outside the US either. But if you just keep trying here, maybe someone will be able to get you those eggs.

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

Alright Family Boqvist,
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you in the flock
frow.gif

Sorry to hear about your predator problem as I have been dealing
with them for years and lost a lot of ducks & chickens due to this
it can be most heart braking , have you improved your chicken
coop yet so the predators cant get in to destroy anymore of your
flock ............

welcome-byc.gif
I have an email friend in Sweden. Now and then we mail each other, I know that takes a week or more to receive notes . I doubt that eggs could bounce around in the mail that long without being damaged.

Even eggs shipped within USA in general have lower viability rates.

chicken coop is ok with strong fence. It was at the day when we were away for a short time and forgot we had opened the door :(

We are very aware of that it should take a while, but that is a change we can take. We once ordered from Holland and it came after two weeks...I Thinks something happened on the way. it was anyway 50% fertility. I Think if it mailed by priority post with airplane, it is a good chanche they will come in a week. If posted on a monday for example. It is for us Worth trying :)

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck finding the eggs you want, have you had any luck finding them in the UK, they also seem to be quite popular there.

Hej. Min fru är från Sverige. Vi bodde i Vänersborg i cirka ett år. Jag pratar bara lite svenska. Vi bor i South Carolina nu.
Did you have any luck with getting eggs and how did you do it?

Back
Top Bottom