Hi from the Hudson Valley

tjhancock

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 30, 2010
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
My husband used to take care of chickens and other livestock during a 2 1/2 year stay in Australia. We introduced chickens to our backyard last fall.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Right now we have 5 hens.

(3) What breeds do you have?
We have two RI Reds; one Leghorn; and two of undetermined breed that my husband's friend found in a dumpster.
sad.png
We rescued them and keep them separate from the other for several months before integrating them. I have a post up in another section to see if anyone can help us try to identify what breed they are.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Surfing the net.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Cooking, reading, making sock monkeys, and walking the beautiful trails of the Hudson Valley.

Hi, welcome to BYC - you will make lots of friends here. I was raised in Wappingers Falls, NY, but never learned to appreciate how beautiful the Hudson Valley area is until I left.

Thanks, everyone! My grandparents used to live in Wappingers Falls. I'm further south, closer to NYC, but lucky enough to be near lots of beautiful places. This site has been really helpful so far. Glad I joined! Now to get my husband on here . . .

Quote:
Good luck with that. My hubby loves our girls, and enjoys the extra witty BYC pics and threads I print out for him to read, but he is stymied about why I want to talk to chicken people on the internet. That's okay by me.

Back
Top Bottom