Hi from the Lowcountry

Ekbrannan

In the Brooder
Jul 7, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Got my first chicks today! I've wanted them for several years though.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
2 because the other 2 died in transit.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Not sure. Any 2 of easter egger, favacauna (faverollesxameracauna) sp?? Or barred rock. Lost my poor swedish flower hen.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Having them as pets

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Reading, playing with my dogs

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
2 parrots, 2 kangal mixes, 1 heeler mix, and 1 cat

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Google. As long as I've been researching chickens! Years.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

Congrats on your new babies!! :jumpy I am so sorry for your losses, :hugs shipping can be hard on babies. Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions about them along the way, feel free to ask. Welcome to our community!

Welcome to BYC. Sadly shipping losses are not rare, especially for birds/animals considered to be less rugged. In the years I bought or sold puppies/dogs in one instance a puppy was left out on a shipping dock in winter (Chicago area - COLD) 10 hours because the crew forgot about him. I was crying, the expectant buyers were crying. We thought he was surely dead. Eventually the *&^&%&^$ located him and sent him on his way. Recipient
was thrilled to call and say he made it AOK. Sadly that doesn't happen often.

Puppy later became the 8 th. champion for his Champion dam (mother).

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

Congrats on your new babies!! :jumpy I am so sorry for your losses, :hugs shipping can be hard on babies. Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions about them along the way, feel free to ask. Welcome to our community!
Welcome to BYC. Sadly shipping losses are not rare, especially for birds/animals considered to be less rugged. In the years I bought or sold puppies/dogs in one instance a puppy was left out on a shipping dock in winter (Chicago area - COLD) 10 hours because the crew forgot about him. I was crying, the expectant buyers were crying. We thought he was surely dead. Eventually the *&^&%&^$ located him and sent him on his way. Recipient
was thrilled to call and say he made it AOK. Sadly that doesn't happen often.

Puppy later became the 8 th. champion for his Champion dam (mother).
Thanks. The hatchery claims a 99% survival rate of course.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom