Hi from Upstate NY

LakeMomNY

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 25, 2014
Hello everyone. I have been spending quite a bit of time on this site over the past few weeks and figured that it was time to join.

We don't have any chickens yet, but my 6 year old has been asking for 3 years now and she has finally won me over.

Our deed restrictions prohibit livestock, so we will be seeking permission at the next HOA meeting. "Daughter would like to raise a pair of chicks to show at the fair as a 4H project." Is probably the approach we will take.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Good luck with the HOA meeting. I surely hope you can start to keep chickens. And getting involved in showing can be very fun for the kids. Especially the 4-H clubs.

Make yourself at home here on BYC and welcome to our flock!

Our two youngest really ARE in 4H, and they DO want to do a chicken project, but mostly they just want to have chickens!

My daughter has requested that the coop be big enough that she can sit in the coop and read to the chickens. (Wichita Cabin Coop is the current frontrunner.)

I'm beginning to wish that I had prompted a "well meaning uncle" give them chicks for Easter.

You know what they say - it's often easier to get forgiveness than permission!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with the HOA, hope you are able to get permission or get the rules changed in favor of chickens.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Yay that your neighbors are ok with them! Be sure to give them some eggs!
wink.png

Glad you joined us!!

Welcome to BYCl! Glad you decided to join our flock. Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions. We are here to help in any way we can. I'm glad your neighbors are okay with you getting chickens. Good luck in getting your flock.

Back
Top Bottom