Hi from Wellington New Zealand

delphy1

Hatching
10 Years
Jul 8, 2009
I'm new to chickens, my son built me a chicken tractor that I can move around my garden and I have 2 brown leghorns who are now 17 weeks old. They love dust baths. I am starting to get excited about first eggs arriving
smile.png

A big GIDDAY from the states Delphy. Good luck with the chooks - I'm starting too. Does the dust have time to settle in the Wellington wind????

The dust bath area is underneath my feijoa trees , the only dry part of my garden in this cold wet winter. I will post some pics when I figure out how to do it!

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome aboard, delphy1. You've a wonderful country!!! Had the privelege of visiting it a few years ago....even bungie jumped at Skipper's Canyon on the south island. This past winter I met a wonderful gentleman that lives in Greytown about 50 miles NE of Wellington.. We made contact on the air via ham radio and cw (morse code). I was working qrp (reduced power) at 4 watts and he was operating his club radio at around 65 watts. Fantastic contact as we managed to make contact with each other for several weeks during some terrible band conditions. We contacted each other via email and his descriptions of the environment there sounds fantastic!!!

Anyhow, best wishes on your flock. Have fun and enjoy those eggs!
smile.png

Ed

How exciting for you! It sounds like you have a wonderful son! It wont be to much longer and you should start seeing some eggs!

Welcome!
frow.gif

Hi and welcome from Kentucky... NZ is sooo beautiful! We really enjoyed our trip there... Did the regular tourist things(maori village, dormant volcano, sheep shearing etc.). And ate at a great little restaurant called Plusones in Auckland. So nice to meet someone from there.

Back
Top Bottom