Hi from WI

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by OsterbergFarms, Mar 30, 2017.

1. OsterbergFarms

OsterbergFarms Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2017
    We got our first hens almost three weeks ago. The kids picked 2 Easter Eggers, 1 Buff Orpington, and 1 Barred Rock. They're just so cute! It's hard to believe how much they've grown in such a short time!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cubby
    [​IMG]
    Abby
    [​IMG]
    Sir Lancelot and Scarlet

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, OsterbergFarms, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Those are some cuties - and yes, they grow up quickly! If you haven't discovered it yet, the Learning Center is packed with super informative articles that will assist you in your chicken keeping experience. Here's the link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    And should you like to touch base with other WI poultry folks, find your state thread in this link and say hello: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!

3. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Cute chicks! They do grow quickly so take lots of pictures and I hope you have their coop ready because before you know it, they'll be ready for it!

4. OsterbergFarms

Mar 12, 2017
    Thanks, Redsoxs. I've found BYC extremely helpful the last few weeks. What a wealth of information everyone has!

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Beautiful chicks Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock[​IMG]

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under OsterbergFarms [​IMG] Welcome!

Aaaw, too cute!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

8. OsterbergFarms

Mar 12, 2017
    Aww, thanks everyone! I'm definitely feeling welcome here and love seeing everyone else's photos too!

I totally see now how people start out with a couple of chicks in mind and end up with a large flock. We planned on two or three and came home with four. We're limited by our city regulations to five hens and no roosters otherwise I'm pretty sure I'd be looking at a few more!

NFC, you're right! They will be in the coop before we know it! I'm beginning to think that the chicks will be ready to be there before the weather is cooperative. I'm pretty confident that we'll figure it out just fine with help from BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by