Hi from WI!

Wicountrylivin

In the Brooder
Jul 31, 2022
Hi!! My name is Jenni and I live in Northwestern WI. We are on our third summer of having chickens. We had Guinea hens before that. Currently we have about 20 chickens. We started with 2 and I just have a hard time saying no to chicks or friends getting rid of chickens. We have a variety of breeds including Rhode Island reds, cinnamons, americaunas, olive eggers, leghorns, silkies and more. I love the personalities of the chickens and how they make me laugh. They have learned that I am the treat provider so they follow me around outside hoping I will throw something out for them to eat. I love on 40 acres with my husband and two kids (9&7) and we spend as much time outside as we can in the nice months of the year. We fish, hunt, garden, spend time at our local lake, and are just finishing up our first fair in 4-H where my 9 year old showed 2 of our chickens. I work for a non-profit organization working with school aged kids and their families to eliminate barriers that are affecting their home life and school life. It is a very rewarding but stressful job that I absolutely love. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Back
Top Bottom