Hi, from WV

dlouise

In the Brooder
Oct 28, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes. My husband was at TSP last September 2020 buying dog food & saw 22 cute little yellow chicks. One wasn't moving. He told a sales associate & that person took the poor little chick away. My husband felt bad for the other 21, so he bought all of them. We already had a nice size coop on the property, so it didn't take much to get it ready. We kept them in the house until they were old enough to head into the coop.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 21

(3) What breeds do you have? The receipt just said, "pullets" so I'm still not even sure.
They are white and lay brown eggs. As they've gotten older, some have some brown feathers.
Maybe Rhode Island Whites?

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? They are so entertaining!
They each have their own little personality.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Reading and crafting.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We have 21 hens, 2 ducks, 3 dogs, 2 cats, 4 children, 1 grandchild.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? I've known about BYC for a few years now & have enjoyed browsing the site. I finally decided to join when the chickens all stopped laying eggs!

Attachments

• 01chicks.jpg
    01chicks.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 02pullets.jpg
    02pullets.jpg
    291.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Esm8BXDXIAAAUNu.jpg
    Esm8BXDXIAAAUNu.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 04eggs.jpg
    04eggs.jpg