Hi howdy!

Walpurgisnacht

Songster
Jul 10, 2020
Central PA
Hey everyone! I was a member of this forum way back when (circa 2010 - 2013 or so), around when I was in high school and raising chickens. I lost my login credentials for that account, so I figured I'd start fresh with a brand new account to go alongside my brand new flock!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I had a flock of 12 chickens about 8 years ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?/(3) What breeds do you have?

I ordered 15 chicks from My Pet Chicken that will get here around September 9th! The chicks I ordered were from the "Chicken Math" mixed bag, so we'll see what I end up with; I'm hoping for an Easter Egger in the mix.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love how expressive chickens can be, and how they all have vivid personalities! I still think about my pet Sinistra, a wicked smart Australorp who taught the other chickens to dig underneath their coop to escape, and who left the flock for a month to tour the neighborhood and just came back like nothing had happened. I have a sticker commemorating her on my laptop, actually, and she's always a point of conversation at parties.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

In my spare time, I make scented candles, browse Pintrest for new recipes (I love cooking and baking, especially for crowds!), and play video games (Animal Crossing and strategy games are my favorites). I also do a little bit of creative writing.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I'm wrapping up a Masters in Statistics at a university in the northeast US, where I live on a small homestead with my husband! I don't have any other pets, though a cat would be lovely if I wasn't allergic. Glad to be back on this forum with y'all! :jumpy

Thanks for the welcome, you guys! Super excited to get back to raising chickens, I miss having them in my life.

Yeah, it was Ec_Prokta (I was an edgy, mildly cringy teenager back then, haha...)
@CarpCharacin is good at getting old accounts back!

Welcome back to BYC

Back
Top Bottom