Hi I’m Alyssa

Firelightfarmer

In the Brooder
Sep 28, 2021
Hi I’m Alyssa and I run a small farm in Northern Illinois called Firelight Farmstead where I breed registered Nigerian dwarf goats, livestock guardian and herding dogs, and rare poultry breeds!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Hi! I’ve been raising chickens for a few years now but this year is my first year breeding and hatching.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 54.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have a huge variety but my most special are bantam Sicilian Buttercups, bantam Buff Chanteclers, and penciled Indian runner ducks.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? My favorite thing is watching them hatch !

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Growing flowers !

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My husband and I have 4 children, I’m a full time stay at home mother and running our farm where we raise chickens, ducks, turkeys, Great Pyrenees, corgis, Nigerian dwarves, and Flemish giants.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? I found it from google and would love to meet and talk to other people raising the same poultry as I am!

Back
Top Bottom