Hi, I am new here and at raising chickens. Can anyone identify these silkies as hens or roos? T

Mary Jo S

Chirping
Jun 28, 2020
They will be 13 weeks old on 6/29. I know they are hard to sex, but if anyone has any good guesses, I would love to see what the opinions are. They all have the sweetest personalities.
6.28 all 3.JPG
Bluebell 6.17.JPG
Goldie 6.17.JPG
6.28 snow 1.JPG

6.28 all 3.JPG
Bluebell 6.17.JPG
Goldie 6.17.JPG
6.28 snow 1.JPG

Silkies are notoriously hard - I was wondering about my year old hen until she laid an egg :rolleyes: ! I’d guess the beautiful black one might be a roo but that’s just a pure guess based on nothing but stance

:/ sad eyes for me/ I am hoping bluebell turns into a hen, but I am on the fence about all 3 and have gone back and forth girl / boy / girl / no maybe boy .... hahaha - guess the egg or the crow will tell for sure. Thanks for your opinion.

:/ sad eyes for me/ I am hoping bluebell turns into a hen, but I am on the fence about all 3 and have gone back and forth girl / boy / girl / no maybe boy .... hahaha - guess the egg or the crow will tell for sure. Thanks for your opinion.

Don’t listen to me! I have absolutely not a single clue 😂. They’re all beautiful and quite fluffy and fabulous!

Based on comb color and development in these pics, I would say the buff is the most likely boy.....hopefully will be able to tell for sure in a few more weeks as any boys typically start trying to crow at around 16 weeks

Based on comb color and development in these pics, I would say the buff is the most likely boy.....hopefully will be able to tell for sure in a few more weeks as any boys typically start trying to crow at around 16 weeks
I was thinking the same. im not sure what I will do if they turn out to be roos, the neighborhood doesn't allow roosters.

Back
Top Bottom