Hi I am new to this thread and am willing to take all of the information i can get.

Lois from KY

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 22, 2012
Owensboro, Ky.
I've been around chicken most of my life but iIve learned that you're never too old to learn new things. Any advice would be greating appreciated.
iiam wanted in to bu some 25 Buff orpington hens and around 5 roosters. Ever hear of anyone crossing the black giants with the buff orpington hens?I've read different stories about what colorings you might get out of the crossing. some say you might get mostly black some say you might get grey or blue. So I'm willing to try and se what we end up with. if anyone on here has ever tried this could you please let me know what they looked like after becoming adults. I would be forever in your debt. I am going to wait until spring to do this.

thank you so much,

Lois

Welcome to BYC!!
Glad you joined us!!
welcome-byc.gif

I've been around chicken most of my life but iIve learned that you're never too old to learn new things. Any advice would be greating appreciated.
iiam wanted in to bu some 25 Buff orpington hens and around 5 roosters. Ever hear of anyone crossing the black giants with the buff orpington hens?I've read different stories about what colorings you might get out of the crossing. some say you might get mostly black some say you might get grey or blue. So I'm willing to try and se what we end up with. if anyone on here has ever tried this could you please let me know what they looked like after becoming adults. I would be forever in your debt. I am going to wait until spring to do this.

thank you so much,

Lois

I think that would be a cool cross. Please tell update us on how things go! :)
Welcome to BYC! We are looking forward to all the information and advice that you can give us, and hope we can help you in return, whenever you need it. :)

Greetings fro Kansas, Lois, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our flock! That sounds like an interesting cross - let us know how it turns out. Good luck to you and your flock and happy holidays!

Back
Top Bottom