Hi,.I want White Medium - Jumbo Eggs,.. ??

Welcome to BYC!

6 white leg horns would give you a nice steady supply of large white eggs. Each would lay as much as 300 a year!

The feed really depends on what age you get them at. If you got them at point of lay they would need to be fed layer feed from your local feed store with oyster shell to make nice strong eggs.

They would need a 24 square foot coop with 2-3 nest boxes and 6 feet of roosting space. The run would need to be at least 60 square feet.
*** Thanks for your Reply,.. Im told Leghorns can be noisy birds and agressive... Im looking for a Calm Natured Bird. Any other Breed you could suggest, that is available in SW Iowa, USA Thanks again for your reply.

*** Thanks for your Reply,.. Im told Leghorns can be noisy birds and agressive... Im looking for a Calm Natured Bird. Any other Breed you could suggest, that is available in SW Iowa, USA Thanks again for your reply.
Some people say the leghorns are 'flighty' , doesn't bother me not a big deal they're just a little more active and jumpy. Never found them to be aggressive actually very non aggressive compared to some other breeds. I've heard the Mille Fleur leghorns are less flighty, but hard to get.
But if your not into them the Barred Holland also lays white eggs and is a calm dual purpose breed, just doesn't lay as often as leghorns. California Grey's and Whites are another option. Strombergs hatchery has the greys and whites.

Some people say the leghorns are 'flighty' , doesn't bother me not a big deal they're just a little more active and jumpy. Never found them to be aggressive actually very non aggressive compared to some other breeds. I've heard the Mille Fleur leghorns are less flighty, but hard to get.
But if your not into them the Barred Holland also lays white eggs and is a calm dual purpose breed, just doesn't lay as often as leghorns. California Grey's and Whites are another option. Strombergs hatchery has the greys and whites.
Thank You

Back
Top Bottom