Hi, I'm a rookie!

SunnyCO

Chirping
6 Years
Oct 11, 2014
Hi, my name is Karen and I live in Windsor, CO. I got my first 4 chicks in May because I had a dog run that never got used and would just fill up with weeds. My dogs would have died if I had actually put them in a chainlink fence out back. I built a chicken coop and bought a Buff Orphington, a Barred Rock and 2 Rhode Island Reds. It's just my husband and I so I certainly don't need more then 4 hens. My Buff, Goldy, starting laying about 6 weeks ago and the 2 RR have been laying for about 3 weeks now, and we're waiting for the BR to lay her first. I'm a country girl and grew up with a horse and pony, dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, etc, but we never had chickens so I'm a chicken dummy and I'm learning as I go.

Thanks to this page, things have been going well, so thanks to everyone for their posts, they are very helpful.

Cheers!
Karen

welcome-byc.gif

So glad you joined us.

4 is enough..just me and DH have 6 - 3 BO, 3 BR and even with 2 BO's goin' broody often we have excess eggs. So fun to share and hens love the cooked eggs daily as well.

Welcome to BYC, Karen. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have some hardy and dependable breeds. You will get lots of large,brown eggs from those girls. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting those eggs.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sounds like you have a lovely flock!! Enjoy all your adventures with them and welcome to our roost!

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Hi Karen and welcome to BYC! Nice getting those fresh eggs isn't it. Glad to have you here!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom