Hi I'm Ally

Ally77

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2018
hi,. I've been a chicken owner now for 18months ... I started with 4 chickens (2 ginger nuts and 2 pepperpot) unfortunately we lost a Pepperpot last week, no idea why.

We got our girls from a company called Omlet, they have a plastic coop which since the bird flu quantine in 2016 this coop has taken up residence in my greenhouse. They free range during the day in what was my garden allotment ( 18' by 30') every day my girls play with them and let them roam the whole garden. We love our chickens but since the lose of tick tock (1 of the pepperpots) I've realised that we are so inexperienced I need help to learn more about what could happen to my girls now they are getting older.

I do have an issue which I will post on the correct forum, I've been a silent reader of this website since we got our girls but now i have a question. So hello fellow chicken owners

hi,. I've been a chicken owner now for 18months ... I started with 4 chickens (2 ginger nuts and 2 pepperpot) unfortunately we lost a Pepperpot last week, no idea why.

We got our girls from a company called Omlet, they have a plastic coop which since the bird flu quantine in 2016 this coop has taken up residence in my greenhouse. They free range during the day in what was my garden allotment ( 18' by 30') every day my girls play with them and let them roam the whole garden. We love our chickens but since the lose of tick tock (1 of the pepperpots) I've realised that we are so inexperienced I need help to learn more about what could happen to my girls now they are getting older.

I do have an issue which I will post on the correct forum, I've been a silent reader of this website since we got our girls but now i have a question. So hello fellow chicken owners

Welcome to Backyard Chickens I am sorry for the loss of your peep

Welcome to BYC Broody with chicks.jpeg
Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

It is great having you here!

Welcome Ally, I'm not familiar with those breeds but would imagine ginger nuts are a red bird, pepper pot maybe black? They certainly have a nice big area to forage.
We have many UK members and I'm sure they will be coming around to welcome you as well. :frow

Back
Top Bottom