Hi, I'm Cori from Central CA

Welcome to BYC! Have you posted pictures of your ameraucana/easter eggers? Where you bought them can be a clue, as well as, leg & feather color, comb type, and even egg color. Good luck and happy chicken keeping!
I bought them at our local feed store! As for pictures of my maybe-Ameraucanas, here are a few:
Theo is the white one, Petra is the grey one. I think Petra is more likely a real Ameraucana, since her color conforms to the "Blue" standard -- but I'm a total newb at this.

Attachments

• IMG_5591.JPG
    IMG_5591.JPG
    322.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5604.JPG
    IMG_5604.JPG
    722.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5592.JPG
    IMG_5592.JPG
    544.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5599.JPG
    IMG_5599.JPG
    839.5 KB · Views: 3
CoriBadger, I can already tell you're going to be a great member! You have a wonderful attitude AND you love chickens! What could possibly be better?

Among my too-many chickens are three of the breeds you want next: Speckled Sussex, two colors of Wyandotte and a Marans. I adore them all, but the Sussex is by far my biggest "helper". Bronwyn likes to scratch up whatever I'm trying to clean, peck at my sleeve when I'm not doing her bidding and devour any worms I uncover when trying to move things in the yard. So, if it's a social chicken you want, Sussex may be the way to go.

Welcome to BYC; it's great to meet you!
That is exactly what I want! The Speckled Sussex sounds like a dream :)
I have heard that Wyandottes can be a bit "high on the pecking order" -- do yours get along with the other girls?
Thank you for the warm welcome!

I bought them at our local feed store! As for pictures of my maybe-Ameraucanas, here are a few:
Theo is the white one, Petra is the grey one. I think Petra is more likely a real Ameraucana, since her color conforms to the "Blue" standard -- but I'm a total newb at this.
They are Easter Eggers.

Welcome cori !! I am a fellow corey I was born in roseville ca but in ohio now.😥 I love your grey sooo pretty. I am partial to the greys but don't own any. Still trying to figure how my luck is so bad on that. So thank you for posting pictures if you cant own one you can enjoy looking at others !

Back
Top Bottom