Hi, I'm Jaime and I'm very new to chickens

welcome-byc.gif
from Sc...

i'm new to the chicken thing too but yes i have spent hrs just sitting and watching them walk around their run or checkin on them in the middle of the night, it's like i have more kids lol.

one of seven, your avvie is making me hungry!

Madamedork, YOU WILL LOVE BYC! I have yet to meet a person here that is not helpful, nice, know something I don't.
SO, a big welcome from Michigan. And I loved your blog. The pics were so nice.

Welcome to the addicting world of chickens! The info threads are awesome, and be sure to check out the just-for-fun threads, too.

I've laughed and cried with these wonderful people, it's a great community to be a part of
smile.png

Everyone seems great here! I am learning all sorts of stuff that I wasn't expecting. Like what to do if egg laying goes terrible bad and some worse case molting pictures. And the fun stuff too. But, I think being prepared for the worse is a good thing. I have a runtish chick so being able to talk about her is a great comfort. She still seem healthy other than her size so I have hopes that she will grow up fine, although she may be a he.
tongue.png

I did hear a funny story from the pharmacist who sold me the vitamins for my chicks. When she was little she felt bad that her chicken couldn't fly so she trained it to sit on her handle bars on her bike and would ride around while the chicken would stretch out her wings. She felt like she was giving the chicken the feeling of flight that way. I thought it was a very cute story.

Back
Top Bottom