Hi! I'm new and have a question about Niacin! Pretty please! :)

LoveMyDaisyGirl

In the Brooder
Aug 16, 2016
Nebraska
Hello, I recently got my first duck babies and they are about 9 weeks old this week! I have been giving them Brewer's Yeast every day since I got them and I was wondering how long I need to supplement Niacin in their diet? Will they need it until a certain age or forever? I am new to this and want the very best for my babies so I hope someone can help and give me an answer! I appreciate it very much!
jumpy.gif

Usually you only need to supplement the extra Niacin until about 10 weeks of age, I believe... but if you feed them Purina Flock Raiser it has higher Niacin content than chick feed and you don't need to supplement... :)

Thank you very much I appreciate the help! I figured it was only needed while they were growing up to a certain age but I wanted to make sure. What age do you start feeding them Flock Raiser? 10 weeks as well? I knew I had to decrease their protein intake as they were growing as well...I have worried about Angel Wing!

Welcome to BYC. You may want to post duck specific questions on the "Duck thread." put in search box and it will come up.

Back
Top Bottom