Hi! I'm new here and I could use a little help!

KenyannaDyer

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 20, 2014
I've been surfing the forums for the past year but I'm just now making a account!

A month ago I bought 12 sebastopol goose eggs from eBay! I bought so many because last year I attempted to hatch a few and all of them died in the shell. Well this year I wasn't so unlucky! Out of the 12 eggs, two arrived cracked and had to be thrown away and three others developed a 'blood rings' and died. The other seven? Well... they ALL hatched two days ago!

I was so excited but also overwhelmed. You see I only wanted two chicks to raise at pets but now I'm with five extra. So my first question (along with my introduction) is...

How would I go about selling these bundles of chirping joy? What is a good price for them? I want them to go to a good home as soon as possible. The two that I am keeping have already imprinted on me (and are sucking up all my time, yay!) but the other five I'm keeping in a brooding area with a heat lamp and food. I don't want to spend time with them because I don't want them to imprint. ^^;

Okay enough rambling from me!

Nice to meet you all!

images

Welcome to BYC!

And congrats on the great Goose hatch!! Don't you just love all the peeping?! I don't know much about geese. So you might want to post this question in our Goose section for more help with your bundles of joy...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/47/geese

You can also post an ad in our Buy Sell and Trade section here on BYC. You will need 20 posts before you can place an ad. So you can welcome in some new members here on this section to get your post count up.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade

You might even connect with someone in your state thread that maybe looking for some geese right now..

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Good luck with all those babies and welcome to our flock!

Thank you very much!

They chirp 24-7 I tell ya! And these little guys are trying to eat EVERYTHING! I spend most of the time taking stuff from them!

Piece of paper on the floor? yummy!

String? yummy!

Yarn? yummy!

And then if I walk away for one moment?

Welp now they have to 'scream' at me until I come back into sight.

It's SO adorable! I can't express how CUTE THEY ARE!

I'm hoping to raise some chickens for eggs this summer as well. I should have been born on a farm...

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! What, baby goslings and no pictures? Sounds like your goslings have really won you over, they are incredibly cute and it is amazing how fast they grow.
TwoCrows gave you some great links to check out for pricing them and for finding homes... you might also check your local Craigslist or Feed store if they offer them as an idea for local prices since they vary so much by location.

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome To BYC! What, baby goslings and no pictures? Sounds like your goslings have really won you over, they are incredibly cute and it is amazing how fast they grow.
TwoCrows gave you some great links to check out for pricing them and for finding homes... you might also check your local Craigslist or Feed store if they offer them as an idea for local prices since they vary so much by location.
shhhhh they are sleeping :D

OK, those babies are just adorable, what a cute picture, I can see why you are smitten!

OK, those babies are just adorable, what a cute picture, I can see why you are smitten!
Thank you!

They are just too adorable to ignore! Then they follow me around and then chirp super loud when I walk away. They want to sit in my lap and sleep. They like to eat EVERYTHING and I feel like I'm chasing after two year old. Overall this is a wonderful experience. I can wait to start raising chickens this summer. I'm super excited.

Gee now that Easter is over maybe you can find serious homes for them - rather than someone buying for easter gifts and the people then dump them out, when they are no longer small and cute.

Gee now that Easter is over maybe you can find serious homes for them - rather than someone buying for easter gifts and the people then dump them out, when they are no longer small and cute.
O_O

How cruel. Why would someone dump them just because they grow up? D= I don't want to see them with someone who may abandon them! That's just terrible.

It reminds me of Harry Potter and the owls. I heard that people bought owls as pets thanks to the movie and didn't do research on owls as pets. In the end there were a bunch of abandon owls. All because people are idiots.

Back
Top Bottom