1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi, I'm new here and i need a name for my farm, PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jamaicangirl, Dec 28, 2013.

1. jamaicangirl

jamaicangirl New Egg

Dec 28, 2013
    My fiance and I are opening our farm. We had it running without a name, but It's gonna be 2014 and I feel bigger and better things are going to happen this year so it's time to name our baby...[​IMG] I know this is strictly just a chicken site, but the chickens will be my responsibility because i love chickens..he on the other hand will be responsible for the goats, cows, fish and other crops etc. We are located in the island of Jamaica, in beautiful Manchester (countryside), it gets cool at nights,peaceful, it will be on a hill, our both first name starts with T, I am Tamara (but everyone calls me tammy) and he is Tousaint and our last name is Lord (how blessed am I?). I had suggested to him "Tousammy Farms", "T & T Lord's farms", "Country Bumpkin Farms", but he wants other options. We were high school sweethearts and lost touch for 10yrs and when we found each other again,w are getting married next year and I feel as tho it's as if we never fell out of love. So that's why I really want to the name the farm and register our farm under the new name for 2014. I want our farm to be filled with love and all the good stuff so I want a name that reflects us, it has to be catchy, funny, exciting (we are always excited and always happy smiling folks), something that stands out and then I will have to find a logo for whichever name we choose. I didn't want to use the cliche Jamaican phrases, he and I want something fresh, something new. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

2. jamaicangirl

jamaicangirl New Egg

Dec 28, 2013
    And also, since i'm new to raising chickens what breeds of chicken do you suggest I start with?

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! Happy you joined us today! :)

4. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

[​IMG] glad you could join us [​IMG]

gander007 [​IMG]

5. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

That is a hard one to answer as we haven't any idea what you have available to you and what are your intents with the chickens is it for feathers, eating, egg production and you could be going for different colored eggs or a certain color egg ......[​IMG]

gander007 [​IMG]

6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
  7. petrel

petrel Chats with Chickens

TNT Farms with a stick of dynamite incorporated into the logo? Are there any geologic, topographic, tree, waterway, etc. features of your farm that make it unique? Sometimes there is a good name in there somewhere.

Welcome to BYC!

8. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow Welcome To BYC and Happy Holidays! X3 on the BYC Breeds section for member reviews of a lot of breeds. Don't think there is a Jamaica thread on the Where Am I Where Are You forum, but you could either try and start one or check out ones from places/states that have similar climates and see what breeds work. I also like the Henderson chicken breed chart as a starting point, it compares a lot of common breeds.http://www.ithaca.edu/staff/jhenderson/chooks/chooks.html#j
    Since you have so many animals, something with Ark, Lord's Ark? Island Ark, 2 by 2? going with the TNT, 2Ts suggestion.Lord's Smiling Acres, Happy Acres,

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Ja Makin Me Crazy Eggs - welcome to BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by