Hi i'm new here. Owner of 2 female pekin ducks

Nick88

Hatching
Mar 1, 2016
Hi,

I have just posted a question under the ducks section of the site. Please feel free to have a look and send any advice my way.

Thanks

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm afraid I'm not a duck person so the duck sectio is the best place for your questions. I'm sure the duck keepers will be able to help you.

Wishing you the very best of luck and I hope you find out why your pekin is quacking all the time.

Enjoy BYC :frow

welcome-byc.gif

I just read your post about your noisy Pekin in the duck forum. I think some animals are just noisier than others, even within the same breed. For example, I have 2 Speckled Sussex chickens...1 of them is quiet and the other is loud enough to raise the dead (over nothing, it's just her way).

If you re-home the noisy duck, the other one you have is going to be pretty unhappy. That leaves you with the choice of keeping both, re-homing both or re-homing the noisy one & getting your quiet girl a companion.

Good luck to you!

NFchick gave you great advice. I'd like to add when you get a new bird or birds to add - they aren't always thrilled to meet each other. Integration issues can be a big headache.
Sometimes it's best to maintain status quo

Thanks for the advice, at the moment she is on her final warning :) I think I will have a look around for other breeds of duck as a back up plan. I have noticed lately that the noisy duck will often try to drown/ hold down the other duck in the water. Is it possible to have dominance issues with 2 females?

Back
Top Bottom