1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi I'm new here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by keiri7070, Aug 15, 2016.

1. keiri7070

keiri7070 New Egg

Aug 15, 2016
    Hi folks
    I'm new to this forum, hope to learn more and maybe help give what advice I know.
    I'm no expert but everybody still learns things even after keeping as pets, Chickens, Ducks,Turkeys for 30+ years.
    My home here is in Northern Ireland, and presently got 29 Chickens all named. Sad or what, also got some Ducklings coming soon to run with my girls. Look forward to making new friends and having some friendly banter (laughs) cheers for reading my new member gen.
    Maggie

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Maggie

Glad you could join us here! I'm over the water from you in England so not too far away. It sounds like you have lots of experience there with many different species. Good luck for the future and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Maggie, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Good luck and best wishes!

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Maggie and welcome to BYC. I'm sure that your knowledge will be of great help and enrich BYC. Theres a UK thread that may (or may not [​IMG]) interest you - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/655508/uk-member-please-say-hi/890, but sadly not an Irish thread. Either way, theres lots going here, so please make yourself at home here with us.

Best wishes
    CT

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Great to meet you Maggie, hope you will enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do. Lots of great, full of fun folks here, and sometimes silly ones that add to the pleasure.

BYC also has threads for ducks, geese, guineas, etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by