Hi! I'm new here!

TxChickenGeek

Chirping
Nov 24, 2020
Hello. I am new to BackYard Chickens. Here is my new member intro. ;-)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I got my first flock in spring of 2019. We got 10 chicks. I was afraid I would lose some, but they have all survived so far! I am terrible with plants, but so far my fluffy ladies are doing pretty well. ;-)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 10 hens.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have 3 leghorns (Leia, Lilo, and Lisle) , 2 buff orpingtons (Ophelia and Juliet), and 5 Rhode Island Reds (Dixie, Annie, Red, Scarlett, and Smalls).

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They are fun to watch and listen to.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
reading and scrapbooking

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We do have a little dog who loves to bark at the chickens.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Just found you online googling answers to chicken questions. I am looing forward to talking with experienced chicken keepers as I learn how to care for my flock better.

Hello. I am new to BackYard Chickens. Here is my new member intro. ;-)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I got my first flock in spring of 2019. We got 10 chicks. I was afraid I would lose some, but they have all survived so far! I am terrible with plants, but so far my fluffy ladies are doing pretty well. ;-)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have 10 hens.

(3) What breeds do you have? I have 3 leghorns (Leia, Lilo, and Lisle) , 2 buff orpingtons (Ophelia and Juliet), and 5 Rhode Island Reds (Dixie, Annie, Red, Scarlett, and Smalls).

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? They are fun to watch and listen to.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? reading and scrapbooking

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We do have a little dog who loves to bark at the chickens.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D Just found you online googling answers to chicken questions. I am looing forward to talking with experienced chicken keepers as I learn how to care for my flock better.
welcome2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom