Hi. I'm new to forum from TN

MrsTater

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 21, 2012
West TN
My family raised chickens when I was a child so I'm not completely new to them, but this is my first adult venture with my own. I got 17 6 month old chickens & 2 drakes back in March then for Easter, the Bunny, left 4 sweet pullets & 6 ducklings for the kids. I have to admit I've enjoyed the babies a lot more than the adults & I'm partial to my sweet little ducks.

We lost 6 chickens to overstimulated Roosters & a young Lab adjusting. We currently have 4 White Rock pullets, 6 ducklings of unknown species, 2 Mallard Drakes, 3 roosters, 7 hens & 1 mean ole Rooster named Diablo whose biggest thrill in life is scaring me & chasing my girls.

I'm not sure how many different breeds I have. I know I have Dominique but not sure what the rest of the gang are. I'll be posting pics & asking ya'll at some point. There are a couple I'm confused on.

I found this forum doing research for my little flock. Seemed to be packed with information so I thought I'd join.

I'm a stay at home mom of 2 girls, we have 6 chihuahuas, 2 Labradors, a Wiemaraner, cats & goldfish.

I'm looking forward to learning all I can to give my little flock a wonderful life.

WelcometoBYC.gif

Welcome to BYC from another Tennessean.

I just wanted to say that you need to be careful with a rooster that will chase you and your kids. Roosters can be dangerous around children.

Hope you enjoy BYC. If you're in the middle TN area, you can join the middle TN thread. Lots of great people there.

thanks for the welcome & thanks CarolJ. I'm in West TN. I'm honestly terrified of Diablo either my husband or dad has to come get eggs with me. Everyone keeps saying he has my bluff but I ain't buying that.

Welcome to BYC! Nice to see another stay-at-home mom tackling starting a flock. Our son loves the chickens. Sorry to hear about the ones you lost. Hopefully the rooster and lab have both settled down. Enjoy your chickens!
smile.png

Hello and :welcome

Glad to have you on board! I do think chicks are so much cuter too ;)
Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site :D

Hello and welcome to BYC! You really must let that roo know who the real boss on the farm is. Take a broom with to the pen and chase him a bit. He'll learn.

Back
Top Bottom