Hi I'm new to the forum but have been reading it for a year

cool chick 1984

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 2, 2013
Hello, I finally decided to join this forum so I could start asking questions. My partner and I live together with a bunch of chickens he sprung on me. He did alot of research before getting them but I still didn't think we were ready. Nonetheless, someone came and built a coop and shortly after chicks were being raised. Our first flock is 1yr and 2 months old. We have buff orphs, barred rocks and a cornish rooster. We also just won a poultry lottery from sand hill preservation center. We won khaki campbell ducks and delware chickens. So, we are brooding close to 30 birds. We are building as fast as we can to welcome our new members.
We will probly sell some of the birds.
We live in MO and it has been very rainy here. We also live at the bottom of a hill so I want to get our runs raised and sanded.
Not sure what else to say other than hello, here I am.

Well welcome, you should find lots of informative information on this site from healthy to sick chickens. Theres also lots of stories you can just sit for hours and read about.

But welcome and good luck with you and your chickens. 30 that's a lot of chickens for first timer. GOOD FOR YOU.. LOL

Howdy from Kansas, cool chick 1984, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased to have you with us!! Best wishes to you and your poultry!

My hubby did the same thing! We started small with 6 chicks. Turned out we had 5 roos and 1 hen lol. So instead of increasing slowely he ordered 15 more hens! Feeling slightly over run with chickens but I do love them!

Back
Top Bottom