Hi! I've just joined your group.

alaskachick

Songster
9 Years
Jun 13, 2010
Wasilla, Alaska
My name is LouAnne and I recently moved to Wasilla, Alaska from the big city Anchorage. I always wanted to live in the country and have a few chickens, so that is just what I did. My Dad built a great coop and yard and my mom and I are going to learn as we go so we will need all your advise. We pick up our chickens today. We are getting 12 Delawares and a Rooster. We are looking forward to taking on this project and hope it brings us years of fun.

Neat! Welcome! Are you getting day old chicks, or are they a bit older? I don't have any Delawares, so I'm curious, what made you pick that breed in particular?

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us! And congrats on your move to Wasilla.

Hi from Fairbanks, this site IS addicting, I've been bleary eyed for hours after my house went quiet.
tongue.png

Hi, Welcome to the wonderful world of chickens. Fairbanks here. I recommend buying the Chickens for Dummies book asap. Also, at the top of most pages is a search box. Just type in a term (like mites, Delaware, coop plan) and you'll find a long list of posts on that topic. Also, there are many posts per day, so when you write a response, click subscribe to this topic before you hit submit and you can find it again this way: when you first log in daily, click Index. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on subscribed topics.

Back
Top Bottom