Hi! I've just joined your group.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by alaskachick, Jun 14, 2010.

1. alaskachick

alaskachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Wasilla, Alaska
    My name is LouAnne and I recently moved to Wasilla, Alaska from the big city Anchorage. I always wanted to live in the country and have a few chickens, so that is just what I did. My Dad built a great coop and yard and my mom and I are going to learn as we go so we will need all your advise. We pick up our chickens today. We are getting 12 Delawares and a Rooster. We are looking forward to taking on this project and hope it brings us years of fun.

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Neat! Welcome! Are you getting day old chicks, or are they a bit older? I don't have any Delawares, so I'm curious, what made you pick that breed in particular?

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Welcome to BYC!

4. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us! And congrats on your move to Wasilla.

5. okieglory

okieglory Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2009
    bethany
    Warning Byc is addictive lol [​IMG]

6. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    Welcome from Florida - My Mom is an Alaskan! From Ketchikan
    Caroline

7. AlaskGirl

AlaskGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Hi from Fairbanks, this site IS addicting, I've been bleary eyed for hours after my house went quiet. [​IMG]

8. gingerpeach22

gingerpeach22 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Fairbanks
    Hi, Welcome to the wonderful world of chickens. Fairbanks here. I recommend buying the Chickens for Dummies book asap. Also, at the top of most pages is a search box. Just type in a term (like mites, Delaware, coop plan) and you'll find a long list of posts on that topic. Also, there are many posts per day, so when you write a response, click subscribe to this topic before you hit submit and you can find it again this way: when you first log in daily, click Index. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on subscribed topics.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by