Hi! Let me introduce myself.

HotLips

Chirping
Feb 21, 2023
Hi! I've read things on this site for a couple of years trying to learn more about chickens. My husband and I live in Michigan where it gets nice and cold...brrrr! We started with chickens in 2020 like so many people did. We recently lost some chickens due to preditors while free ranging. 😪Currently we are down to 2 Leghorns and 1 Asian Black. I am a retired Dachshund breeder of nearly 20 years. Now we are trying out a few birds and oh the learning curve! Last spring we added a few ducks. We have 2 Cayuga and 1 Blue Sweedish. We've been planning to get new chickens this year and add to the ducks...but I hate the mess and stink indoors with ducklings. We've also raised meat chickens a number of times. What a difference!

I like studying genetics of the animals we have and thinking about hatching some babies eventually. I like to grow both flower and vegetable gardens. Done my share of canning and have some sewing projects I've done over the years. I also enjoy doing different things to paint a room. And LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my grandkids!!!

Hi! I've read things on this site for a couple of years trying to learn more about chickens. My husband and I live in Michigan where it gets nice and cold...brrrr! We started with chickens in 2020 like so many people did. We recently lost some chickens due to preditors while free ranging. 😪Currently we are down to 2 Leghorns and 1 Asian Black. I am a retired Dachshund breeder of nearly 20 years. Now we are trying out a few birds and oh the learning curve! Last spring we added a few ducks. We have 2 Cayuga and 1 Blue Sweedish. We've been planning to get new chickens this year and add to the ducks...but I hate the mess and stink indoors with ducklings. We've also raised meat chickens a number of times. What a difference!

I like studying genetics of the animals we have and thinking about hatching some babies eventually. I like to grow both flower and vegetable gardens. Done my share of canning and have some sewing projects I've done over the years. I also enjoy doing different things to paint a room. And LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my grandkids!!!
Welcome to BYC!!

R.d776b61885b3b659f37495cec036aeda

Back
Top Bottom