Hi! My name is Heather and I just adopted my first flock on Sunday. :)

Wow!! Thanks for the very warm welcome! I also appreciate the advice with the roosters. I will begin calling tomorrow to try and find them a home. Thanks for the link for my local state thread. :)
It sounds like I need to trade a few roosters for more hens. They are still young, yet today I noticed a bit of "aggression" toward a few of the hens. I am very excited and want to be a good "chicken mom" so I'm ready to make the changes. I'll keep y'all updated. Have a great night and thanks again. <3

Great news! I was able to re-home two of the roosters today. They are going to a small farm with a few other pet chickens and will have a safe and happy life. This leaves me with one rooster and four hens. They are all about 3 months old. I need to get several more hens to improve my rooster/hen ratio. Do I have to get hens that are close in age? I am nervous to get babies because the older hens may pick on them. Would grown hens be better? Thanks for any input. :)

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom