Hi need help fast dont ask so many questions. Just need answers please

lovechickens23

Songster
8 Years
Aug 18, 2013
Hi need help fast. Just need answers please. My hen is 8 years old skinny not eating much. She been sick for week been in house to keep warm. She pooping watery white poop. She did have lice but killed them all. She eats layer pellets. She loves fruit and veggies. What is wrong with her?? Have no vet dose chickens called them all

Eight years is fairly old for a chicken. The white part of the droppings is urates or kidney waste. Sometimes having mostly white droppings can be a sign of dehydration or kidney problems. Salmonella can cause them too. I would try to get her drinking some fresh water. A little sugar or some electrlytes can be added. Will she eat some scrambled bits of egg or a little wet feed?

Hi need help fast. Just need answers please. My hen is 8 years old skinny not eating much. She been sick for week been in house to keep warm. She pooping watery white poop. She did have lice but killed them all. She eats layer pellets. She loves fruit and veggies. What is wrong with her?? Have no vet dose chickens called them all
Sorry about your hen :(
8years old is getting on up there, it sounds like old age is catching up to her.
It's been a week that you have been caring for her with no improvement. I'm sorry, but it may be time to put the poor dear out of her misery. I'm sure she's had a good life with you, so letting her go with dignity is a good ending.

Last edited:
I would try and make her comfortable. She may pass on her own. It is hard when we have to end the suffering of a chicken, but something we may have to learn to do when we raise animals. There are methods of humanely killing chickens online. I use the method where the jugular veins are cut, while some use cervical dislocation, or removing the head with loppers.

Back
Top Bottom