1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

hi new and can use so help

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dam danny, Nov 4, 2012.

1. dam danny

dam danny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2012
    sylvester georgia
    hi new there could use so advice I have had chickens before had no prob.getting them to lay . had to do away with them cuss the bobcat here see some of them were pets ya my crazy *** could get that close to realy pet them now that eggs are going up the wife said start back with chickens so I bilt a coop bobcat proof and snake proof cuss she is not like me with the wild first sign of wild and that one less pet for me I have to kill it for her . here`s the theng put in chickens 3 weekend ago and thay are not laying got 3 rirs 2 easter eggers 1 roooster thir all the right age to lay . ps we live in south west georgia . thinking about adding a light to the roost and thir eating laying mash . only theng that I can come up with is not enough day light or moating or new to the coop

2. The Howards

The Howards Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] and welcome to the flock from NC. Chickens mature at different rates so it could be that they are close to the laying but just not quite there yet. I have 3 (different breeds) all hatched at the same time and 1 has been laying for about 2 weeks now, nearly every day. One of the others is interested in the best but that is as close as she gets, the other one could care a less about the nest or eggs in general. You could be right though about the light issue and the molting if you are seeing a lot of feathers floating around. Maybe someone else will be able to give you some solid advice. Good luck...

3. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome from Ohio...so glad you joined

4. dam danny

Nov 4, 2012
    sylvester georgia
    thanks whent out right after I posted here put in a light and bilt new nesting box had only one on the ground but I made one that`s 30 inchs off the ground with 3 12x12 boxs and a roost that takes them up to it romeo gave me his crow of approval he`s my rooster love his littel mating dance he drops his wing and stomps his feet in ring

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our community! Best of luck to you!

6. farmerboy1998

farmerboy1998 New Egg

Oct 29, 2012
    hi from alabama

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    :frow & :welcome from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

8. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
  9. Red Barn Farms

Red Barn Farms ~Friendly Fowl~

Apr 12, 2012
    Kentucky Heartland
    Hello and welcome to BYC from 'The Heartland' of Kentucky.

[​IMG]

10. dam danny

Nov 4, 2012
    sylvester georgia
    thank`s all

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by