Hi new member finally

Hi all, finally a member after reading for a few years

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Not exactly new, but not exactly seasoned lol. Had a 4H rooster for three years-inside, feather legged vantan, bearded Belgium De'Uccle, he died of old age at 6.5 years old. We currently have 14 Australorp chicks, about 4week olds, hoping for at least six hens

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 14

(3) What breeds do you have? Australorps

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Watching them
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Fish aquarium, crochet/knit, farmers market

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Family of four, my hubby and I, and our two sons, we homeschool. Two dogs(7 yo muts) two cats(12 yo litter mates), leopard gecko, and fish- 14in plecoastomus plus lemon tetras and angelfish. We had two mini lips, chameleon and another leopard gecko but they passed within last year.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :Dbeen reading off and on for years finally joined in case had questions. Have read nearly all black Australorp posts so far lol

thank you
Photos of our Australorps and of Pretty Bird/Rocky
Welcome to BYC!

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.

Back
Top Bottom