Hi new to any forum and chickens!!

Crana

Hatching
8 Years
Oct 19, 2011
Hi I am looking for some help? I have a little pekin chicken aprox 7 months old. I have found her now five times on her back legs in the air! Thought she was sick have given one dose of antibiotic thought she might have been scared? On two previous occasions we have separated her from other four chickens and then returned her to the flock. She would be the youngest and smallest. Passing normally has been wormed. She seems depressed. I hope this has posted ok thank you for any help.

welcome-byc.gif
from the Soggy side of Washington State.
I am not sure whats wrong with your hen. Try posting this under Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures you should get fast info.

Thank you for your reply this is all new to us! We love our little flock! We have two Pekins one frizzle and two silkies!! We have brought our little pekin inside!!!

We are very excited to be part of the forum and have been busy reading! We are from country Queensland Australia and have a lot to learn!!

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Maryland!

Do you think your chicken could have been itching her back? Have you checked her for lice and mites? Mine flop over when they dustbathe and squirm around like a dog. Sometimes they just stop and lay still. The first time I saw this I thought she was having a seizure!

This is an awesome place to learn!

Thanks for the suggestion will look for lice. No scratching though. I have found her just lying either in the coup or on the ground. The first time I thought she had died from fright. We had just had a huge storm. Last night I found her again on her back first time and picked her up but then later she was doing the same thing. She does not seem to be able to move once she lands on her back? We have her isolated and in a warm box inside. She seems to be really tired? Any thoughts would be appreciated. We love our little girls. I wonder if she is being picked on by the others?

Back
Top Bottom