Hi newbie here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nowhereman, Apr 23, 2011.

1. nowhereman

nowhereman New Egg

Apr 23, 2011
    Hi Everyone just new to raising chickens 26 year old male from scotland

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Im very new new to chickens i got 6 eggs four weeks ago unfortunately as i am so new to chickens my incubation skills werent very good but i got 2 baby chickens from my 1st attempt in my own built incubator

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 2 [​IMG]

(3) What breeds do you have? i dont have a clue what they was hoping maybe someone could help me with that

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? google

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? im a big football fan thats soccer for americans! i also love darts and play most days

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    i have a baby on the way with my girlfriend of 3 years and i really cant wait for that but this is how i came about hatching chickens . she was complaining about pregnancy and how im lucky i dont have to carry the baby and i coudnt do it blah blah so i set about hatching my own babies [​IMG]
    i never for a second thought how much i would come to love the little buggers amost instantly

2. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from California

OK on the gf's side. There's is NOTHING you men could ever compare to pregnancy and child birth [​IMG] [​IMG]

Congrats on your feathered babies. [​IMG]

You'll love this forum. As you can tell there is always someone around no matter what.

3. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    [​IMG]

4. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from Maine USA

5. chickmanna

chickmanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Battle Ground, WA
    [​IMG] from Annie in Washington State. You're gonna love it here!! [​IMG]

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Congrats on your hatching. 21 days is a lot easier than 9 months though. [​IMG]

7. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

8. mommas_got_peeps

mommas_got_peeps Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2011
    Hocking county Ohio
    Another Ohio Welcome here! Congrats on the new feathered babies...and the one in the oven [​IMG] Scottland Eh? Have some acquaintances that live way up in the Isle of Louis...would love to see that place someday.

This is a great forum. I've been following it for about a year and half before I ventured into my own "chick-escapades" LOL. They are a ton of fun. Post pics of your new little ones and we'll have a good time trying to guess what they are as they grow. I've never "hatched" eggs before but I would imagine that the place you bought the eggs might have some inclination as to what breed they came from.

Take care and good luck!

9. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Hello and [​IMG] I am glad you joined. Prepare to become a chicken addict!

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by