Hi peeps!

9to5Girls

In the Brooder
Jul 29, 2023
I’ve just joined BYC, but I’ve been reading the forums since getting my first flock in 2020. I’ve got two from that first batch: a silver laced Wyandotte and a naked neck. I also have four pullets that are about 19 weeks old: a calico princess, a sapphire olive egger, a mystic onyx, and a welsummer.

I love chickens and their quirky personalities. My girls are more pets than livestock, but I do enjoy the fresh eggs!

I live in Portland, Oregon and one thing I find very frustrating is the lack of vets willing to treat poultry. That’s why I’ve been reading the BYC forum looking for advice on many subjects, from rodent control to sick chicken care.

Attachments

• 6505F2B5-8260-410B-B546-753A5696C0F8.jpeg
    6505F2B5-8260-410B-B546-753A5696C0F8.jpeg
    892.9 KB · Views: 36
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

Beautiful photo of your flock, ❤️ thanks for sharing! Learning about how to care for birds comes after Vets have graduated from medical school, avian medicine unfortunately is not included in their standard curriculum. Once they graduate they are eager to get started in their practice, few of them stick around for another year or two to learn about birds.

But thats why we here at BYC are so important to poultry keepers, there is a HUGE collective knowledge from the years and years, even decades we've all been keeping poultry. And we love to share what we've learned along the way.

Make yourself at home here and welcome to our community!

I’ve just joined BYC, but I’ve been reading the forums since getting my first flock in 2020. I’ve got two from that first batch: a silver laced Wyandotte and a naked neck. I also have four pullets that are about 19 weeks old: a calico princess, a sapphire olive egger, a mystic onyx, and a welsummer.

I love chickens and their quirky personalities. My girls are more pets than livestock, but I do enjoy the fresh eggs!

I live in Portland, Oregon and one thing I find very frustrating is the lack of vets willing to treat poultry. That’s why I’ve been reading the BYC forum looking for advice on many subjects, from rodent control to sick chicken care.
Welcome, glad you finally joined!
:celebrate

My sister used to live in Portland, she loved the climate. They're in hot/cold Minnesota now.

Back
Top Bottom