Hi & Questions about Incubators

SGM

Songster
11 Years
Aug 18, 2008
Easley, SC
Hello everyone. My name is Ashley and I am looking to get back into hatching eggs. I hatched a lot back in 2006 but wound up selling out and even sold my 3 incubators. What I was wanting to know is opinions on relatively inexpensive incubators. I don't plan to hatch a lot of eggs at any one time so I don't really need a large bator right now. I was thinking of the regular Little Giant or the regular Hovabator. What are your thoughts?

Hey! I absolutely love my Hovabator Genesis! I paid about 110.00 plus shipping for mine and it has paid for itself in good hatches! It is very easy to use and I have never had a problem with it. I did try an LG before this one and could not for the life of me get the temps to stabilize, it ended up cooking my 3 duck eggs and I took it back to the store and got a refund and then ordered my Hovabator 1588 Genesis.

Edited to add:
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
I just looked it up and it does look fabulous! I might just have to get one of those! I didn't know that it came preset with the temp and had a fan. That's good. I didn't have fans in my old ones. Thanks!

My hubby wants to build one. We did that venture before too. Built two different ones but those were a lot harder to keep the temp and humidity on than the store bought ones.

Back
Top Bottom