Hi & Questions about Incubators

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SGM, Aug 18, 2008.

1. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Hello everyone. My name is Ashley and I am looking to get back into hatching eggs. I hatched a lot back in 2006 but wound up selling out and even sold my 3 incubators. What I was wanting to know is opinions on relatively inexpensive incubators. I don't plan to hatch a lot of eggs at any one time so I don't really need a large bator right now. I was thinking of the regular Little Giant or the regular Hovabator. What are your thoughts?

2. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    Hey! I absolutely love my Hovabator Genesis! I paid about 110.00 plus shipping for mine and it has paid for itself in good hatches! It is very easy to use and I have never had a problem with it. I did try an LG before this one and could not for the life of me get the temps to stabilize, it ended up cooking my 3 duck eggs and I took it back to the store and got a refund and then ordered my Hovabator 1588 Genesis.

Edited to add: [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  3. SGM

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    I just looked it up and it does look fabulous! I might just have to get one of those! I didn't know that it came preset with the temp and had a fan. That's good. I didn't have fans in my old ones. Thanks!

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    The genesis is the best bang for your buck.

5. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    You are Welcome!

6. SGM

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    My hubby wants to build one. We did that venture before too. Built two different ones but those were a lot harder to keep the temp and humidity on than the store bought ones.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by