Day 21 incubation questions

Chickenschickensandmore

In the Brooder
Dec 16, 2023
I have Cimuka CT60 cabinet incubator with a tiny hatch window (very poor visibility). Chicks started hatching and peeping on day 19 (72 hours ago) and I was advised by the manufacturer upon calling in for advice to pull them out quickly since it was at the 72 hour mark since they hatched. I pulled them out and noticed 3 pipping eggs in progress.. I quickly put the remaining unhatched eggs back into the cabinet and have left them for 4 hours to see if they will hatch. I can't really tell much of what is going on because of the tiny window. Not sure what to do as I hear chirping inside and I don't notice any chicks running around. Just wondering when should I go back into assist the pipped eggs? They humidity returned to normal within 3 minutes or sooner of this event.

Attachments

• cimula image.jpg
    cimula image.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 22
A few things, 3 minutes isn't soon enough because shrink wrapping happens instantly when humidity drops below about 45%.
You may want to investigate again. I would agree with the day 22 comment above but if the eggs were hatching on day 19, it means the temperature was high throughout the incubation.
Calibrate or modify the setting for next hatch. 2 days early means the temperature was over 1F high throughout.

Back
Top Bottom