Hi There! First time chicken owner 🤪

Millerland

In the Brooder
Aug 4, 2020
Hi there!
I am from Parker Colorado and since this lovely pandemic we decided to raise chicks! I joined because we currently have a 16 week old ISA brown pullet who is acting off. She lays on her side a lot while the other three we have are very active coming over to say hi when I walk to the coop and doing other typical chicken things. I saw her poop and it was fine, her eyes are clear, and her legs and feet look fine. In the last couple days she’s been laying down a lot and it’s freaking me out! I put some electrolyte boost in the water and she seems to be eating and drinking fine so hopefully that does the trick. I took a photo too to show how she’s laying. Any ideas or advice would be so appreciated!
I’m excited to be part of this group and learn all the things as we embark on this lovely chicken journey 🐓
F6C4B48F-95F5-4F01-9988-F3DD1396F031.jpeg

Hello and welcome.
I'm sorry your little pullet is not well. I have also been very upset when a hen is failing. I think you should post this post and picture in another category where you will get advice from experts and will have had experience with this kind of behavior. I have alway gotten advice in the "Emergency" section. Good luck. I do hope there is something you can do for her.

Hi and welcome to BYC. Here are some helpful links:

• Great go-to resource - Articles
  • How to start a new thread
  • Find other BYC members nearby using the links in my signature, below (turn your phone to landscape to see them).
Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom