Hi there from CT, USA

Nicho

Chirping
Mar 30, 2023
CT shoreline, USA
My name’s Kiki. Been around chickens for most my life on farm, but recently acquired my very own small flock. So new chicken parent here.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Not new to them, but recently became a chicken parent in December.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
6 in my flock, but plenty more on farm.
(3) What breeds do you have?
4 black Australorps, 1 blue Orpington, 1 BB Red Old English Banty.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Bonding with them and learning about them.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Wildlife biology, farming, riding, painting

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Large pet family over here. Cats, horses, snakes, goats, donkey, chickens, ducks, and turkeys. Family farmer and biology student.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Originally I had a google question about coccidiosis, was led here, and found so many answers from years ago I thought I’d join the community and refresh the question. See how the answers have evolved (if at all) over the years. And I know I’ll be back to learn more from you all!

tenor.gif

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.

Back
Top Bottom