Hi there from just outside Zion Park in Hurricane Utah

9FingerDoc

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 8, 2014
Hello,
I'm returning to my farm boy roots and trying my hand at raising chickens and growing a garden after 20+ years away from it.

We're getting chicks at the end of the month. My beautiful wife is both excited and nervous. She grew up in Orange County, CA in the shadows of Disneyland so she's had no experience with chickens.

I'm excited to be a member here and looking forward to any and all advice!!

Cockadoodledoo!!!

The 9FingerDoc

Lol, no we're not. One wife is more than enough for me. I am however friends with several FLDS.

We're from Las Vegas. We picked Hurricane because: 1) we have land and 2) my chiropractic/homeopathic clinic is right on the main road and 3) we live where we work.

We have a 1/2 acre spot with a huge enclosed yard that'll be perfect for gardening and raising some chickens.

Hanks so much for the welcome!

That's amazing. Good for you guys. I'm a psych major so the FLDS really sparked my interest a few years ago. I was just being nosy because I am so intrigued. :D

images

Great to have you aboard and enjoy all your poultry adventures!

I understand.
While I don't agree with the FLDS way of life, they are some of the hardest working people I've ever met. If I want any construction done, I'll go to them first.

Nice to talk to you!!

Back
Top Bottom