Hi There From Northern California! :-)

ChiknKrazy

In the Brooder
Nov 26, 2016
Hi,
I heard about backyard chickens for a while and decided to join and learn more about chickens. I do currently own chickens and just recently started a twitter account. .My twitter account is where I show pictures of my chickens, not sure if I'm able to do that here. I have Light, Dark, Buff, and a BBS (Blue Birchen Brahma). I love my Brahmas allot, I also have Ameraucana (Easter Egger) Chickens. .I have pure white, Columbian, Blue Ameraucana Rooster over my Salmon Faverolle Hens, in which the chicks when they reach adults will lay a sage green egg. I just want to get to know other chicken lovers as well as learn all that I can about chickens, I did research on all my breeds before purchasing them. If anyone on here has twitter I'm under Brandi Love @ chicknKrazy.

Hi chicknKrazy,

I'm also in Nor Cal and also fairly new here. Welcome! I also did tons of research but I learn something new every day. You'll see that lots of people share their pics here, so once you get the hang of it, share away!

Coykoi

Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. We all love chicken pics, so don't be shy
smile.png

Best wishes
CT

This is my BBS ( Blue Birchen Brahma)Rooster I just got him Wednesday. I named him Teddy, awesomely enough the woman I purchased him from gave me a paper with his lineage and all vaccines he's had. .which is super amazing. The picture doesn't do him Justice at all, he's 6 months old and is as large as my fiancé's dad's Light Brahma rooster who's 9 months old.
Thank you CTKen for welcoming me and you too Coykoi
smile.png

Last edited:
It seems like you have found a responsible and caring breeder - good for you! I'm sure he will grow up to be a handsome chap!

welcome-byc.gif

Handsome rooster you have there, thanks for sharing a photo of him. Make yourself at home here!

She was amazing and extremely responsible and knowledgeable, I have never heard of BBS (Blue Birchen) Brahmas and had no idea that they existed. She answered all questions to the best of her ability and seemed to be extremely passionate about her birds, I was thankful that she did in fact take such good care of all her birds. Teddy is amazing, he's extremely docile even around the hens. He lets the hens take charge which shocks me as most roosters aren't like that, before I got Teddy my brahmas didn't have a rooster and so he's the first. My hens are 9 months old and he even lets them eat before he does. They're pretty bossy towards him and he doesn't even do anything. .they're establishing a pecking order and he doesn't even challenge the hens, he's super gentle. They're not really picking at him, they just challenged him his first day they fluffed they're feather and bumped chests with him and yes they are 100% hens, they laid eggs last month but stopped suddenly due to the cold weather we're having. I just never realized hens would kind of challenge a rooster like that. .Is it normal?

Back
Top Bottom