Hi There From Northern California! :-)

Hello and welcome to BYC! This is a great place to show off your birds, especially in the Online Poultry Show forum! Here's the link to get there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/32/online-poultry-show
Your rooster is gorgeous and that sounds like one great breeder! Good luck and have fun here!

Thanks for welcoming me and thanks for the link. Teddy is an amazing rooster and he's already got his saddle feathers in, I am anxious to see how he fills in and feathers out. He's a real looker and I love this rooster, he acts like a dog as well. Yesterday despite me having a cold I went outside and called his name and he came running to the front entrance of his coop. It was super cute, and I went in and sat down with him and petted him, he's super friendly and just so docile. I couldn't have asked for a better rooster.

Sounds like Teddy is a gentle giant. If he is new to the flock, hens do challenge especially if the cockerel is young and inexperienced. Once he gains maturity and confidence, they will treat him much better.

Sounds like Teddy is a gentle giant.  If he is new to the flock,  hens do challenge   especially if the cockerel is young and inexperienced.  Once he gains maturity and confidence, they will treat him much better.

Thanks drumstick diva, yes Teddy is young and inexperienced. He's definitely our gentle giant for sure, he lets the ladies (hens) take charge,they let him perch with them and stick pretty close to him. I noticed he chatters to the hens allot also, it's pretty amazing.

Back
Top Bottom