Hi there from PA!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sixlittlechicks09, Jul 8, 2010.

1. sixlittlechicks09

sixlittlechicks09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    Hey everyone [​IMG]
    I'm from Northeastern PA! I'm so glad I found BYC, it's helped me so much with my new flock <3
    Erm, a little about me...
    I'm a college student! And after years as a little kid, begging my parents to get chickens, and being told no, I finally went off to college and came home to *surprise* 18 baby chicks! We started out with 6 RIRs, 6 Mixed bantams and 6 cornishx. A few weeks ago our big meaties went to the giant freezer in the sky and were lovingly replaced with day old (EEK) baby bard rocks!!! We're expecting eggs from the RIRs and Bannies any day now, and the whole family is absurdly excited. We've become known on our hill as the "crazy chicken people" [​IMG]
    Other than our chicks we have two dogs, an ornery little toad and a very old, very blind gerbil.
    So anyway...
    Anyone else around here from NEPA?

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] & [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Another lost in "The CHICKEN ZONE" [​IMG]

3. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Not from your neck of the woods but "Hi" anyway! And welcome to BYC from another crazy chicken family (BYCs full of 'em)! [​IMG]

Though most of my neighbors think I'm nuts, my next door neighbor (when she saw my new chicks for the first time) said "Wow, this is the coolest thing you've ever done"! Now they all support the project because I give them fresh eggs. [​IMG]

4. Wanda

Wanda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I'm from SEPA. there is a "Pennsylvania!! Unite!!" thread that you should subscribe to.

Wanda

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  5. CPW Chicks

CPW Chicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2010
    Beaumont, PA
    Hi from Wyoming County,PA [​IMG] It sounds like you have a nice flock started.

6. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    Hi!!! [​IMG]

7. MCCmomof3

MCCmomof3 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2010
    WA
    Welcome! Yay, baby chicks! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by